Head of Compliance needed for a leading financial institution in Beirut, Lebanon
· Bachelor degree in Law, Business Administration or equivalent
· 10+ years of experience in the same field with minimum 3 years in a similar role
· Good command of English and Arabic (French is a plus)
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
· Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize key/high risk tasks
· Motivated with degree of professional ethics and integrity
· Advise the senior management of compliances with the laws and regulations in force
· Be aware and notify the senior management of the latest developments and evolve best practices in compliance control
· Respond to regulatory inquiries: BDL, STC, BCCL, CMA, etc.
· Review and evaluate the risks associated with new products and activities and set the regulations by which these products are bound.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, etc.
· Establish compliance standards, anticipate emerging compliance trends and design improvements
· Preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course
Company: Expertise Recruitment
Job Type: Management
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2019