The Business Developer will be responsible for identifying and securing mid-sized to large customers for the company. This position will manage a portfolio of accounts by developing relationships with key customers and driving account strategies to secure sales within the broad array of services offered.
• Identifying new sales leads
• Pitching products and/or services
• Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers.
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
• Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
• Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
• Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling, other typical duties include:
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
• Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
• Developing quotes and proposals.
• Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
• Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met